Dr. Fabbri has more than 20 years of leadership, strategic, and business experience in plant biotechnology and agribusiness. As Chief Science Officer, Brad drives initiatives in business needs assessment, science advancement, business and partnerships development & negotiations, and strategy processes to identify and explore new areas for the company to grow.
Brad blends diverse scientific expertise and knowledge with strong business development and analytic skills. He is skilled at bringing a creative and pragmatic approach to addressing complex problems, and for delivering valuable insights and ideas.
- Science Fellow and Technology Prospecting lead at Monsanto Co. for 9 years. Internal gaps & landscape analysis, external facing business development to identify and secure technologies, opportunities, and companies.
- Partnered globally with universities, research institutes, venture firms, and start-ups. Managed relationships and nurtured opportunities.
- Led or participated in a number of strategic exercises focused on exploring new directions for Monsanto including in the areas of data-informed farming, new concepts for farming, biorenewables, microbials, climate change, and soil health.
- Led the Renessen Corn Feed Program, whose focus was to improve corn nutritional qualities for poultry, swine, and cattle feed.
- Worked closely with the USDA as a grant reviewer, and the DOE as an advisor to their National Labs, and an advisor and grant reviewer for their recent ARPA-E Programs in plant and soil phenotyping.
Education & Certification
Ph.D. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California, Davis
B.S. Biochemistry, University of California, Davis