CAREERS: Chief Executive Officer
TITLE: Chief Executive Officer, RNAissance Ag, LLC
TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt REPORTS TO: Board Chair, RNAissance Ag, LLC
LOCATION: RNAissance Ag, LLC Headquarters in St. Louis, MO
RELOCATION: Relocation package is available
Please send cover letter and resume to:
6811 Shawnee Mission Pkwy Suite 215
Shawnee Mission, Kansas 66202
No walk-ins or recruiters.
RNAIssance Ag, LLC, is a subsidiary of Technology Acceleration Partners (TechAccel, LLC) which is a private capital firm that invests in, acquires, and advances early-stage technologies in the agriculture, animal health, and food technology sectors, with a focus on platform technologies. These assets are sourced from start-ups looking to expand into adjacencies, universities, and industry. The work environment is innovative, entrepreneurial, and dynamic. Our culture demands excellence, collaboration, flexibility, and bold actions to seize opportunities.
The Chief Executive Officer of RNAissance Ag (RNAissance Ag CEO) is an executive level position at TechAccel’s laboratory operations in the Greater St. Louis, Missouri, region, reporting directly to RNAissance Ag’s Board of Directors Chair.
The RNAissance Ag CEO leads the science team on plant-related technical assets, evaluates novel and innovative technologies from universities, global strategics, and start-ups (paired with equity investments), and is a key stakeholder for the enterprise, deal and commercial transactions teams.
The RNAissance Ag CEO will bring a strong complement of scientific expertise in the agriculture sector with the business acumen to develop successful acquisition and exit transactions in collaboration with the enterprise, deal and commercial transactions teams. As a leader and member of TechAccel’s Strategic Leadership Team, the RNAissance Ag CEO must continue to build a high performing culture and set appropriate and challenging expectations for the science team and for the deal and commercial teams.
• The RNAissance Ag CEO will:
o Set the strategic direction for the RNAissance Ag science team and work with the Senior Leadership Team to develop operational plans that will achieve the strategic direction.
o Mentor the Director of Laboratory Operations and assist in providing oversight on the science team’s research priorities.
o Collaborate with the Program Management Office (PMO) and Director of Laboratory Operations to create a manageable project plan that adheres to technical achievements and timelines.
o Coordinate projects from initiation through delivery, planning and completion of all required product development activities or project deliverables.
o Lead, motivate and inspire cross-functional team members including university and industrial scientists, consultants, and TechAccel employees.
o Maintain communication among all RNAissance Ag stakeholders.
• At least 10 years’ experience in strategic, leadership roles
• Have a firm grasp of good experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
• Highly self-motivated, flexible, able to follow through, and can work under pressure with associated deadlines
• Self-starter with high level of initiative, resourcefulness; strong work ethic
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Independent thinking, technical passion, curiosity and creativity
• Have a demonstrated ability to lead through influence. Some projects will be executed by groups that are not TechAccel employees, and these appropriate ‘soft skills’ are critical for success.
• Organized, detail oriented and proactive
• Ability to translate corporate goals into executable R&D plans while understanding technical risks, mitigations and alternatives
• Proven track record of M&A/Business Development success
• Highly motivated, detailed individual with the proven ability to think innovatively toward solving technical and structural problems effectively and efficiently
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required to clearly explain complex issues, progress reports and technical roadmaps to a variety of audiences across functions and levels
TechAccel LLC (Technology Acceleration Partners) is a development company focused on advancing innovation in Agriculture and Animal Health. Our partner relationships with Global Industry Strategics leverages their strong technical expertise, regulatory infrastructure and the global distribution network. TechAccel co-funds the development, de-risking and advancement of technologies that fill partner portfolio gaps or addressing new adjacencies. Technologies typically are focused on the many technical paths address to the rapidly growing food and animal health demands. Partner companies utilize TechAccel to accelerate time to market. TechAccel also provides R&D services to meet partner surge needs as well as technology sourcing services.
In addition to our strong technology advancement relationships with Global Industry Leaders, TechAccel partners with leading Agriculture and Animal Health Venture Capital firms in advancing emerging technologies found in aggressive and innovative industry start-ups. TechAccel brings a unique Science Advancement role to these relationships in addition to our invested commitments. This dual commitment adds to the enterprise value creation as well as the breadth of potential innovation derived from each integrated relationship.
TechAccel is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. TechAccel strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the appropriate management level employee.