TITLE: Research Associate, Biomanufacturing
TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
REPORTS TO: Biomanufacturing Lead or designee
LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
RELOCATION: Relocation package is not available
Please send cover letter, resume, and response to questionnaire
Download questionnaire: https://www.rnaissanceag.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Questionnaire-for-Research-Assistant.pdfVia US Mail to:
6811 Shawnee Mission Parkway
Shawnee Mission, KS 66202 Via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.orgPosition Summary:RNAissance Ag LLC
(a subsidiary of TechAccel, LLC) is an early-stage startup company
developing RNAi-based biopesticides for control of important agricultural pests. We are
seeking to expand our team by adding a Research Associate to our team located in the
Greater St. Louis, Missouri region. The Research Associate reports to RNAissance’s
Biomanufacturing Lead or designee.
The Research Associate will support the development of new, sustainable biopesticides
that can make farms more productive while preserving biodiversity. The Research
Associate works in a laboratory environment, conducting research and development. This
role will participate in manufacturing biopesticides by microbial fermentation. The research
associate will support research activities for strain engineering, fermentation process
development, and quality control.
The ideal candidate will have experience with general microbiology and molecular biology
techniques. Experience operating benchtop fermentors is a plus. The individual should be a
strong team player with good problem-solving skills, and a willingness to learn new
techniques to deliver research aims. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to
leverage their knowledge and creativity to make a real and tangible impact on translating
innovation to commercial reality and have a significant influence on the trajectory of the
The Biomanufacturing Research Associate shall:
• Grow and analyze bacterial cultures, and perform typical molecular biology tasks such
as PCR, minipreps, gel electrophoresis, vector construction, bacterial transformations,
and other molecular analyses of transformed bacteria.
• Learn how to operate benchtop fermentation equipment.
• Plan and manage timeline of assigned projects.
• Maintain detailed and accurate records of experiments and results.
• Report results in research team meetings and assist in assembling reports to be
communicated to the broader organization.
• Conduct research in accordance with or exceeding all relevant Health, Safety and
Environmental guidelines.Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor’s in biology, microbiology, molecular biology, or a related field.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Results-oriented and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
• Experience in performing molecular biology skills including general cloning, DNA/RNA
extractions, PCR, gel electrophoresis, and bacterial mini-preps.
• Able to follow established protocols and assist to develop new protocols.
• Experienced in a laboratory environment with safe work practices, including handling of
bacteria and hazardous chemicals.
• Able to lift and move items up to 30 pounds.
• Strong motivation for continuous learning.
• While most duties will be performed during regular business hours. Some work will
require a flexible schedule to accommodate time-sensitive experiments.
• Proficiency in standard computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint.The ideal candidate has at least some of these additional skills:
• Some industrial experience, or experience as a research assistant in an academic
• Experience operating a benchtop microbial fermenter.About TechAccel
TechAccel LLC is a technology and venture development company focused in agriculture, animal health and
Since its founding in 2014, TechAccel sources, invests in and acquires early-stage innovations. Through
collaborations with universities and research institutions, TechAccel conducts science advancement and derisking
research and development to ready technologies for commercialization.
TechAccel is based in Overland Park, Kansas, with offices in St. Louis, Missouri. Visit www.TechAccel.net
more information. Follow us on Twitter at @Tech_Accel and on Linked In athttps://www.linkedin.com/company/technology-acceleration-partners-llc/.TechAccel is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined
and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected
characteristic as established by law. TechAccel strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment
based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic
information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic
as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the
appropriate management level employee.