TITLE: Research Associate
TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
REPORTS TO: Laboratory Operations Director
LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
RELOCATION: Relocation package is not available
Please send cover letter, resume, and response to questionnaire
Download questionnaire: https://www.rnaissanceag.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Questionnaire-for-Research-Assistant.pdfVia US Mail to:
6811 Shawnee Mission Parkway
Shawnee Mission, KS 66202Via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.orgNo walk-ins or recruiters.Position Summary:RNAissance Ag LLC
(a subsidiary of TechAccel LLC
) is an early-stage startup company
developing RNAi-based biopesticides for control of important agricultural pests. We are
seeking to expand our team by adding a Research Associate to our team located in the
Greater St. Louis, Missouri region. The Research Associate reports to TechAccel’s Director
of Laboratory Operations or designee.
The Research Associate will support the development of new, sustainable biopesticides
that can make farms more productive while preserving biodiversity. The Research
Associate works in a laboratory environment, conducting research and development. This
role will participate in setting up and conducting studies to assess biopesticide efficacy. The
ideal candidate will have prior entomological research experience. Prior experience
conducting insect bioassays to evaluate pesticide toxicity is a benefit.
We are looking for an individual with good problem-solving skills, and a strong desire to learn
new techniques. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to leverage their
knowledge and creativity to make a real and tangible impact on translating innovation to
commercial reality and have a significant influence on the trajectory of the company.Responsibilities:
The Research Associate shall:
• Set up, conduct, and assess insect bioassays and whole plant assays in laboratory and
• Work independently to rear insects and maintain colonies to support R&D activities.
• Coordinate with external partners conducting biopesticide efficacy testing. Some local
travel to partner locations will be required.
• Maintain plants.
• Maintain detailed and accurate records of experiments and results.
• Report results in research team meetings and assist in assembling reports to be
communicated to the broader organization.
• Conduct research in accordance with or exceeding all relevant Health, Safety and
• Support Biomanufacturing and Formulations research as needed.Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor’s in Entomology, Biology, Microbiology, Plant Science, or a related field.
• Prior experience conducting insect assays and/or maintaining insects for research.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Results-oriented and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
• Basic competency at statistics and data analysis.
• Ability to follow established protocols and assist in developing new protocols.
• Experienced in a laboratory environment with safe work practices, including handling of
bacteria and hazardous chemicals.
• Able to lift and move items up to 30 pounds.
• Strong motivation for continuous learning.
• While most duties will be performed during regular business hours. Some work will
require a flexible schedule to accommodate time-sensitive experiments.
• Proficiency in standard computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and
• Ability to travel locally 10-15%.The ideal candidate has at least some of these additional skills:
• Experience with basic molecular biology techniques including general cloning, DNA/RNA
extractions, PCR, gel electrophoresis, and bacterial mini-preps.About TechAccel
TechAccel LLC is a technology and venture development company focused in agriculture, animal health and
Since its founding in 2014, TechAccel sources, invests in and acquires early-stage innovations. Through
collaborations with universities and research institutions, TechAccel conducts science advancement and derisking
research and development to ready technologies for commercialization.
TechAccel is based in Overland Park, Kansas, with offices in St. Louis, Missouri. Visit www.TechAccel.net
more information. Follow us on Twitter at @Tech_Accel and on Linked In athttps://www.linkedin.com/company/technology-acceleration-partners-llc/
.TechAccel is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined
and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected
characteristic as established by law. TechAccel strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment
based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic
information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic
as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the
appropriate management level employee.