TITLE: Formulation Scientist
TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Laboratory Operations
LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
TRAVEL: up to 10%We will offer an attractive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience to the successful candidate. To apply, please send your answers to our Questionnaire (https://www.rnaissanceag.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Questionnaire-for-Formulation-Sci43.docx) along with cover letter and resume to either:Via US Mail to:TechAccel, LLC6811 Shawnee Mission ParkwaySuite 215Shawnee Mission, KS 66202Via email to:email@example.comNo walk-ins or recruiters.
RNAissance Ag LLC (a subsidiary of TechAccel, LLC
) is an early-stage startup company developing RNA interference (RNAi)-based agricultural products. We are seeking a Formulation Scientist
to develop and implement biopesticide formulation strategies. The successful candidate will work in a laboratory environment, leading, designing, and executing agricultural formulation development R&D activities. The candidate should have an advanced degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or related field, and preferably, one year post-graduate experience formulating synthetic or biological products.
The Formulation Scientist will work closely with both fermentation process development scientists to integrate formulation ideas with biomanufacturing processes, and with product development teams to understand and overcome challenges of product delivery and make products more stable and effective. We are looking for a motivated individual with strong, creative problem-solving skills suited to a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The candidate must be an exceptional team player.
This position will be located in the Greater St. Louis, Missouri region. The Formulation Scientist reports to RNAissance’s Laboratory Operations Director or designee.Responsibilities:
• Develop biopesticide formulations.
• Manage and serve as technical lead for formulation development projects involving external collaborators.
• Generate formulated samples and materials to support R&D activities.
• Evaluate formulation properties.
• Identify and evaluate new technologies or methodologies for formulating RNAissance biopesticides.
• Plan and manage resources, materials, and logistics required to conduct formulation development activities.
• Conduct research in accordance with or exceeding all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines.
• Communicate experimental progress and provide well-reasoned recommendations for future work.
• Thoroughly document experimentation and results, write protocols, technical reports, and scientific manuscripts, and present scientific findings to internal teams and staff, external partners, and at scientific conferences.
• Stay up to date on developments within the field to make recommendations for application of new technologies to improve current processes.Minimum Requirements:
• PhD. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biomaterials Science, Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Food Sciences, or related discipline. A master’s degree in a relevant field combined with 3+ years relevant experience will also be considered.
• Experience formulating diverse products (ie, synthetic or biological, wet or dry formulations).
• Experience operating formulations equipment and analytical instruments to characterize formulations.
• Must work well as a member of a team with diverse sets of skills to drive forward company objectives.
• Demonstrated strengths in organization, prioritization, planning & project management.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment.
• Results-oriented with a strong attention to detail.The ideal candidate has at least some of these additional skills:
• Prior industry experience.
• Solid understanding of formulation types typical to the agriculture industry or adjacent industries (such as home & garden, animal health, etc).
• Knowledge of crop protection products and field application practices.TechAccel LLC (Technology Acceleration Partners) is a development company focused on advancing innovation in Agriculture and Animal Health. Our partner relationships with Global Industry Strategics leverages their strong technical expertise, regulatory infrastructure and the global distribution network. TechAccel co-funds the development, de-risking and advancement of technologies that fill partner portfolio gaps or addressing new adjacencies. Technologies typically are focused on the many technical paths address to the rapidly growing food and animal health demands. Partner companies utilize TechAccel to accelerate time to market. TechAccel also provides R&D services to meet partner surge needs as well as technology sourcing services.
In addition to our strong technology advancement relationships with Global Industry Leaders, TechAccel partners with leading Agriculture and Animal Health Venture Capital firms in advancing emerging technologies found in aggressive and innovative industry start-ups. TechAccel brings a unique Science Advancement role to these relationships in addition to our invested commitments. This dual commitment adds to the enterprise value creation as well as the breadth of potential innovation derived from each integrated relationship.
TechAccel is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. TechAccel strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the appropriate management level employee.